Ludwik Waryński Street – the monument of Jan Długosz

The monument was erected in 1980 in the five-hundredth anniversary of the death of Jan Długosz, a famous Polish chronicler who recorded extracts from the history of the town in his Annals or Chronicles of the Famous Kingdom of Poland (Annales seu cronici incliti regni Poloniae). He described there how the castle and the town were conquered by the armed forces of the Polish king Władysław Jagiełło in September 1410.